Sovereign are looking for a qualified Electrician to work in the Dorset/Hampshire area for Spectrum Property Care; to help supply complete repairs and maintenance packages to Spectrum Housing Group’s companies and to other housing associations, local authorities, schools and private landlords.
RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY DUTIES:
- All aspects of electrical installation works of both 230v and 400v in domestic situations
- Diagnose and repair faults and complete final tests
- Chase out and form holes as necessary to accommodate wiring and box fittings and further make good by render or plaster to an acceptable standard.
- Test and inspect IEE Wiring regulations
- Test portable and fixed appliances for electrical safety
- Act as an onsite team leader leading junior staff
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
The Electrician will need to hold City and Guilds 236 (parts 1, 2 & 3), City & Guilds NVQ Level 2 & 3 Electrical Installations, 2382 (17th Edition) and 2391 or 2392 or 2394/2395 (inspection and testing) and have demonstrable experience in Electrical works. You must also have experience of working in occupied premises and be able to demonstrate good customer care skills. Ability to use mobile technology such as iPad or PDA is essential. A current CSCS card is desirable.
Due to a requirement to travel within this role, candidates must hold a full and current driving licence that is acceptable to our insurers and have the ability to drive a company van.
For a full range our employee benefits visit https://www.sovereign.org.uk/careers/spbenefits/